LASIK Eye Surgery.
Madison Eyes: LASIK Eye Surgery
(Laser-Assisted-In-Situ Keratomileusis) is currently one of the most frequently performed elective procedures in North America. It is a highly effective outpatient procedure, often referred to as refractive surgery or laser vision correction. LASIK is used to correct myopia and hyperopia, as well as astigmatism. The LASIK procedure, which is performed by ophthalmologist's and trained LASIK surgeons, uses a cool beam of light from the excimer laser to gently reshape the front surface (cornea) of your eye. This is done by creating a corneal flap on the surface of the eye, which is peeled back to allow the excimer laser to begin reshaping.
LASIK Procedure- The Process
1. Anaesthetic eye drops are applied to the eye.
2. A protective flap is created and gently lifted by the LASIK surgeon, revealing the inner corneal tissue. During this part of the LASIK process, vision can become quite blurred. Generally LASIK patients are only able to see the light of the laser and surrounding overhead lighting.
3. Computer-controlled pulses of cool laser light are applied to the inner layers of your cornea. As the laser pulses, it makes a ticking sound. The inner corneal layer is reshaped with the laser to mimic your contact lens or glasses prescription. During this part of the LASIK process, an eye tracking device will track your eye movements up to 4000 times per second for precise correction.
4. Following the re-shaping of the tissue, the corneal flap is carefully repositioned. The LASIK Surgeon then checks for air pockets and any other debris which may hinder the healing process. The LASIK surgeon gently replaces the flap and aligns it to its original position. It heals naturally and securely.
5. Some LASIK patients may feel slight irritation for a few hours, but most are quite comfortable after a nap and rest
While conventional LASIK has been a complete revolution in vision correction, Madison Eyes also offers the latest in laser vision correction technology: Custom LASIK. This is a laser vision correction procedure that enables your LASIK surgeon to further customize the conventional LASIK procedure to your individual eyes. This customized LASIK procedure may result in patients seeing clearer and sharper than ever before. FDA studies show that Custom LASIK may produce better vision than possible with contact lenses or glasses.
Custom LASIK has been able to provide patients with:
>> A greater chance of having 20/20 vision
>> The potential for better vision than is possible with contacts or glasses
>> Less incidence of glare and halos
LASIK surgery may be elective, but good vision is not. We understand how valuable your sight is to you, and we keep our sights set on providing safe and advanced technologies for our patients. That is why Bladeless LASIK using the IntraLase laser is a technology chosen for our Centers.
Bladeless LASIK- What is it?
In the LASIK and Custom LASIK laser vision correction procedures, a flap of corneal tissue must be created and then folded back. The cornea is the transparent dome-like structure that covers the iris and pupil of your eye. By creating a flap in the cornea, the LASIK surgeon is able to perform the laser vision correction treatment on the inner layer of the cornea and allows for a rapid visual recovery.
With Bladeless LASIK, the LASIK surgeon uses a laser to create the corneal flap. This technology enables the LASIK surgeon the ability to customize the corneal flap for every individual LASIK patient. In recent studies done by IntraLase, this technology may now make it possible to treat those who were previously dismissed as non candidates due to thin corneas.
Bladeless LASIK- The Procedure
Our LASIK surgeons can now offer customization for you in all parts of the LASIK procedure: custom diagnosis (before the procedure), custom flap (Bladeless LASIK), and custom treatment (to complete the procedure).
Our LASIK Surgeons
have over twenty years of experience with refractive surgery. Dr. Fox our staff ophthalmologist has performed over twenty-five thousand LASIK procedures and doctors James and Tracey Sinoway have managed these cases. The keys to a successful LASIK result are; careful patient selection, thorough pre-evaluation and fastidious post-operative care.
If you are interested in LASIK surgery, please schedule a complimentary consultation to see if you are an appropriate candidate.
Please fill the form below.
Dr. Tracy Sinoway and her Staff were very pleasant and informative. I don't know anything about glasses only that I really NEED them. I never pick out glasses without my wife or a friend.The staff at Madison Eyes were very honest and know what they are talking about. I CAN SEE!!!! I have told my family and friends about you guys.~ Thanks Rene
Madison Eyes has helped me with my eyes so much. I tend to have dry eyes and they have worked with me to find the perfect contacts and solution to solve this problem. My contacts used to just fall out and now thanks to Dr. Tracey Sinoway it never happens. In addition, to the great doctors the selection of eyeglasses and sunglasses is great for my whole family!~ Kim Block